About Whistler Gymnastics...
Who are we?:
Whistler Gymnastics is a full member club affiliate of Gymnastics BC. All participants, coaches and volunteers are registered and insured through Gymnastics BC annually Sept-Aug.
Oros Whistler Gymnastics Centre is the name of our training facility. Oros means "Mountain in Greek. Whistler Gymnastics is the name of the artistic and trampoline gymnastics program. Our training facility hosts visiting teams from all over the world asking to augment their sport training with gymnastics. We also host coaching courses.
Finally, we are a registered non-profit society, and are governed by our club membership through direction from their elected volunteer Board of Directors. We depend of volunteers and fundraising for much of our club operations, and to encourage the development of gymnastics activities in Whistler and the Sea to Sky corridor.
A leading Canadian centre for sport excellence based on gymnastic, trampoline and acrobatic activity.
Provide excellence in program activity in a safe, positive, and respectful environment.
Deliver programs with enthusiasm, passion, professionalism and innovation.
Develop physical literacy and foster life-long engagement in sport.
Provide a foundation for sport. Foster gymnastic fundamentals that can be translated to other sports.
We will remain small enough to hold true value and big enough to be a model of sport excellence.
We will positively impact the development of children in becoming great individuals through the exposure to the fun, fitness and fundamentals of sport.
We will provide the opportunity to experience the virtues of sport:
We will provide a positive sport environment based on the following values:
Respect & Caring, Action Oriented, Passionate Involvement, Leadership, Professionalism, Ethics, Cooperation, Commitment, Enthusiasm & Innovation
- Program Excellence and Diversity
- Sound Business Management
- Program Affordability and Access
- High level of customer services and participant care
- Leadership in sport delivery and promotion of Sport for Life
Creating Foundations, Building Confidence, Inspiring Dreams
Key 3 year Objectives:
- Oros will continue to deliver the high quality and innovative long-term athlete development initiatives in gymnastics, trampoline and multi-sport cross-training programs, that have earned Oro's the title BC PLAY Gymnastics Club of the year 2013.
- Oros will continue to strive for excellence and safety-first at all levels of long term athlete development.(LTAD)
- Oros will continue to maintain its solid business practices and fiscal responsibility.
- Oros will continue to keep programs affordable and accessible to the youth and children of Whistler.
- Oros will become a leading partner in developing physical literacy in children and youth in Whistler.
- Oros will endeavor to meet the needs of BOTH recreational and competitive athletes.